Tuesday, November 24, 2009

2nd Beta test - 681

The results of my 2nd beta (HcG count) is 681 @ 4weeks exactly. (They are going to go by the day I miscarried as my LMP*).

HcG is supposed to double every 48 hours in early pregnancy. At this rate, I am doubling every 32.5 hours, so I am very happy. However, I had tripling numbers last time and 1 week later the gestational sac stopped growing.

I had to request another blood test tomorrow to ensure continued increase, as well as get another progesterone count. I don't want to have to battle the nurses every time they call, but I'd like to see more urgency. For instance, she told me" numbers are good, come in at 8 weeks." I had to remind her that I have never gotten past 8 weeks... ugh.

Also, I just added a sidebar of our TTC** Timeline in case anyone (the 3 people who read my blog:-) are interested.

*LMP: Last menstrual period
**TTC: Trying to Conceive

5 comments:

KT said...

Stay positive! Be pushy and don't think twice about it... unfortunately customer service is not always what we want it to be. Sending prayers your way!

Anonymous said...

geeze no text back?!??! hehe im praying that you and the baby stay healthy and that i have a new cousin soon! if you want me to come over and use my magic powers of touching your tummy again, let me know hahaha ;-)

Danielle said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations!!! You have a little something extra to be thankful for this Thanksgiving :) I know you are probably very nervous but hang in there.....it sounds like you have great numbers so far!! Sending you lots of prayers!

Rosemarie said...

Thank you! To those who posted and who called/emailed me. It means so much, only time will tell but I am "praying" and thinking only happy thoughts this time around.

Geena said...

Yay! Im excited Rosemarie! We can talk tomorrow at Thanksgiving dinner and you can explain to me what's going on! haha

see you tomorrow!