Monday, November 23, 2009

Is there a place for gold-plated babies?

I watched this show on We called Platinum Babies. Have you seen it? It's kind of like TLC's A Baby Story except ... you don't see the actual delivery and the people are rich and better looking.

I watched 2 episodes back-to-back -- 1 was a older man/younger woman situation in CA; the other were Eco-snobs in NYC.

I learned that it sucks to be the average person. When you have money, the hospital staff pretty much bend down and kiss your $@^ every step of the way. You get the best rooms, the best Post-partum room, and the nicest nurses, and the best equipment. "It was like a hotel," she cooed, "I didn't want to go home."

Here's was something else I learned. After you have the baby, your husband should surprise you with a Push Present. "Thanks to my young hot wife for pushing my baby out! Here's some bling." GAG. I don't need to be "bought" - how about being
a super supportive husband, both emotionally and physically, through it all.

Finally I learned that people who have money don't go to the Park District (like me!). The NYC couple belonged to this posh place, like a spa/health club that also had an organic cafe and kids areas. I have to admit that I was pretty "eco" green with envy; if only I had a spare $3600 lying around?

Will I be watching this again? Nah. I need to see real people.



No comments: