I deactivated Facebook today.
I never checked it anyway, and frankly I thought it was an impersonal way to keep in touch with friends. My "social" networking involves personal phone calls, going out to lunch, and -- at the very least -- emailing my cousins and friends who live far. This wasn't working for me. Although I did re-connect with an old friend from my year in France and it was great to catch up. In the near future, I'm hoping for a "France" reunion.
Matt said if I deactivated, so would he. Neither one of us ever really wrote anything on it anyway. In fact, I told him that one of the MANY reasons I love him was because he never was on Facebook; if he was one of those people addicted to it, we would have had to rethink our relationship.
Washington DC, Day 1
10 years ago



1 comment:
Bravo! Facebook breeds social laziness, plus you have such a fantastic blog. It is never hard to find out what is up with you. But what about twitter? eh? tweet?
Post a Comment