Wednesdays have become Date Night for Matt and I.
A friend of mine told me that when she was pregnant, she and her husband enjoyed their birthing classes because afterward they would go out for ice cream and it was "couple" time for them. Well, Matt and I have the same thing -- although not after birthing class since that lets out at 9:45PM!. Every Wednesday, Matt meets me after my prenatal Yoga class and we have dinner together. Last night the weather was so beautiful, we dined al fresco for the first time this year-- twinkle lights were strung overhead and the sound of the El cruising the tracks behind us made for a romantic evening.
Matt and I both talked about how much we look forward to Wednesday every week. Of course after the baby is born, this might not be something we can do as often, but I encourage Date Night for all couples.
And if possible, choose someplace with the twinkle lights.
A friend of mine told me that when she was pregnant, she and her husband enjoyed their birthing classes because afterward they would go out for ice cream and it was "couple" time for them. Well, Matt and I have the same thing -- although not after birthing class since that lets out at 9:45PM!. Every Wednesday, Matt meets me after my prenatal Yoga class and we have dinner together. Last night the weather was so beautiful, we dined al fresco for the first time this year-- twinkle lights were strung overhead and the sound of the El cruising the tracks behind us made for a romantic evening.
Matt and I both talked about how much we look forward to Wednesday every week. Of course after the baby is born, this might not be something we can do as often, but I encourage Date Night for all couples.
And if possible, choose someplace with the twinkle lights.




No comments:
Post a Comment