I have been fighting a bad cold for the last three days, and now I realize that being sick and being pregnant is a double whammy. We were at child-birthing class last night, and I was just sitting there with my mouth open, trying to breathe, listening to the joys of getting through transition (the last phase of dilation) and then pushing techniques. It was all so awful and coupled with this cold, I just couldn't take it anymore and I wanted to jump up and yell, "Just give me an epidural and let's be done with this!"
Matt is officially hibernating on a mattress in the family room (it's a very cozy set-up), since last Wednesday after he decided, the night before, to wake me up every time I snored. This was tantamount to the sleep deprivation test (or torture treatment) they do in sleep studies (or Gitmo). I was so exhausted all that day I fell asleep on the train to work, at my desk, on the train coming home... basically whenever and wherever could. I feel bad for Matt that my snoring keeps him up (he's a light sleeper), but right now it's all about me (at least for the next 3 months). I told Matt that I wish I could offer more, but he has three choices: 1) Suck it up; 2) get earplugs, or 3) sleep downstairs. After my 3 nights of sick-sleep, I think he made the right decision (I wouldn't want to sleep with me either).
In fact, one night Matt felt bad that we're already in separate beds that he thought he would come upstairs and get into bed with me (he can tough it out against a little snoring, right?). The minute he walked in and found me there snoring, he shook his head and made a beeline back to the quiet-peacefulness of the family room.
Matt is officially hibernating on a mattress in the family room (it's a very cozy set-up), since last Wednesday after he decided, the night before, to wake me up every time I snored. This was tantamount to the sleep deprivation test (or torture treatment) they do in sleep studies (or Gitmo). I was so exhausted all that day I fell asleep on the train to work, at my desk, on the train coming home... basically whenever and wherever could. I feel bad for Matt that my snoring keeps him up (he's a light sleeper), but right now it's all about me (at least for the next 3 months). I told Matt that I wish I could offer more, but he has three choices: 1) Suck it up; 2) get earplugs, or 3) sleep downstairs. After my 3 nights of sick-sleep, I think he made the right decision (I wouldn't want to sleep with me either).
In fact, one night Matt felt bad that we're already in separate beds that he thought he would come upstairs and get into bed with me (he can tough it out against a little snoring, right?). The minute he walked in and found me there snoring, he shook his head and made a beeline back to the quiet-peacefulness of the family room.



No comments:
Post a Comment