1 - I only gained 1/2 lb from last week (instead of my typical 3 lbs/week).
2 - I am now 2 centimeters dilated and 75% effaced
3 - Blood pressure, Non-Stress Test ... all good. Baby is looking great according to the doctor.
4 - I had 1 very large contraction on the monitor, so the doctor declared I was in "labor." I felt it this time, but I wouldn't have known how large it was if it wasn't for the monitor. Sometimes technology is bad.
5 - I have a very favorable cervix.
click on photo to enlarge
Other news ...If I don't deliver this baby by my due date, then they would encourage me to get an induction. Not my 1st choice. The doctor said we can weigh the pros and cons, but with the way I am progressing, he would lean towards that. I asked if they would give me cervadil first (so I wouldn't get started on straight pitocin), but with my favorable cervix, it's not necessary to be at the hospital 12 hours ahead of time for that. Although, he said that sometimes cervadil can jump start the labor so that's an option. Then he said, "We're talking about all this but this might not even be an issue, you can go into labor in a few days..."
Let's hope!




3 comments:
Not too much longer and we'll be seeing cute little baby pics up on this blog! :)
AHH!! I'm so excited. I'm going to be over a lot! =)
WHEN ARE YOU GONNA POST SOME PIC's of little Dominic!?!?!??!?!?!?!
Post a Comment