Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Saturday in the City

This Saturday, Matt and I went into the city to get our baby shower loot. His work colleagues were so generous, they pretty much finished off our registry and got us so much stuff. I couldn't believe it, we were so touched!

We had breakfast on the way downtown at Bleeding Heart Bakery (Oak Park location).
It just so happened they were also filming Transformers 3 on LaSalle which we had to pass to get to Matt's building from where we parked. So there we are walking down the street with a pallet of baby gifts, running into tourists (who don't move, by the way) -- and getting stuck having to wait because they were filming a scene. We got stuck both times (going to the car with the loot, and going back to the building with the empty pallet). And it was a hot day.

I wanted to stay downtown and hang out, but I was hot and big and walking around is just getting too much. So instead we opted for Brunch at Prairie Fire. I had delicious Chilequiles & a banana, orange, mango smoothie and Matt had banana bread french toast and a mimosa. I hear dinner there is great too, but Brunch was great and the place was fairly empty (at 1PM) so we got seated easy (they have outdoor seating too).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Big TRUCKS/TRANSFORMERS!
T