As I'm getting closer and closer to actually having a real live baby in the house, I'm getting my stash of cloth diaper and supplies ready.
I bought more chinese prefolds and Thirsties covers (which I heard were really good) from a store in Madison WI. As well, I bought a wet/dry bag to store clean and dirty diapers (at home and when we travel), and a diaper pail liner.
My entire stash now includes:
18 chinese prefolds
3 microfiber inserts
3 Thirsties duo covers
2 Flip covers
1 Bummi cover
1 BumGenius 3.0
2 G diapers
I started looking on YouTube for videos about how to fold them. I was taught at the store where I bought my first stash, but I needed a refresher and good thing too because I have learned so much from these videos alone made by the same cloth-diapering mama.
Pre-fold Tutorial (with Snappi)
BumGenius 3.0 Tutorial
After watching these, I have concluded the following ... 1) I need Snappis. It looks like it's so much better, easier, and leakage-proof when using them.
And 2) I need more BumGenius pocket kinds because they look so much easier than pre-folds (although more money, but I choose easier over saving money). And they seem to be more Matt-proof. When he watches these videos, I am SURE he will agree that the pocket kind will be better!
They might also be better with DayCare ... I don't think they want cloth at our daycare, but this might be acceptable since they are just as easy as disposable (and instead of throwing them in the trash, they can throw them in my wet/dry bag).
Washington DC, Day 1
10 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment