Matt & Geena with their pancakes
The town was jumping with people, but we knew where to go for breakfast -- Williams Bay for the Lion's Club pancake breakfast on the lake. We saw signs for this the weekend before, so we knew where we'd be on the 3rd!
Me on the beach
After heading to Target to buy some maternity bathing suits, we went to the beach where it was so crowded there was actually a line to get in (we got to by-pass because we have beach passes, but still, my mom said she never saw a line before). But just hanging out at the beach with the sand under your feet was perfect even though it was hot. Matt went to the driving range to hit a bucket of balls.For dinner, we went to a place we've never tried before called Medusa's. Everything they make is grilled over cherry wood and has a lot of greek spices. My dad joined us that night, and we had dessert and watched Fear (for some reason everyone wanted something scary, I wanted the Time Traveler's Wife).
At my uncle's & aunt's
The next morning, my mom made us all pancakes (again!) but my cousin was sick so we spent the morning taking care of our "little sister." The rest of the day we spent at my uncle's place where we had lunch and margaritas (lemonade for me), hung out at the pier (no diving off the pier for me, I waded into the shallow end), and then back to the house where everyone played badminton, bags, bocce, and softball. Soon it was time for dinner, dessert, and fireworks.
Fireworks!
My uncle's been the fireworks guy since I was a kid (he was the single uncle showing up with the big box of goods!). Add on the years and it still hasn't changed, but the fireworks have gotten more sophisticated. All his neighbors showed up for the show and since he has a nice big lot, we all sat back to watch them light the fireworks. I got some pretty good shots - I slowed my shutter speed down and I think they look pretty cool.



1 comment:
Good times!!
Thanks for taking care of Geena:( on Saturday nite and Sunday morning.
Mar
Post a Comment