- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Next March, we will celebrate 5 years in our home. When we first moved in, I secretly had my 5-year plan for the house, hoping to get all the interior remodeled in 5 years. We're almost there!
Back in the upstairs bathroom, we were still in need of a countertop. We were going to make do with the existing one but ... we already bought a new sink and the counter looks bad since we never covered it during any of the remodel.
So we found a local place that sells remnants for not just granite, but also quartz and we selected our bathroom countertop for $400 cheaper than our original quote for non-remnant. It should get installed next weekend around Matt's birthday! The only goofy thing with remnants is that you have to go looking through pieces for the right size and color, and then tagging it with your name (and they are big and can't really be moved).
Bathroom so far
In the meanwhile, we got a new shower curtain and rod (a curved one like at the Westin Hotels I used to stay at when traveling, it gives you like 6 inches more room, it feels so spacious), a new towel holder, and I got some photos of mine framed and hung.While we're waiting for the counter, I'm hoping we can get our new doors and trim, and then we'll be D-O-N-E.



3 comments:
i love those curved shower rods too. when i was in st. louis both hotels i stayed at (crowne plaza and the hilton) both had them and it was nice and open, and i had touching the shower curtain in hotels, so that solved that problem
HATE touching the shower curtain***
Ha ha...is it ever really DONE? Thanks for stopping by our blog...I am Colleen's sister. Love your rotating travel pictures on your sidebar...I need to figure that one out!
Post a Comment