Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Neti Pot

There are a lot of things, I am now realizing, that people don't tell you about pregnancy. Like gallstones occur more frequently in pregnancy -- and I have been having gallbladder pain for weeks now that radiate between my front and back (although the pain doesn't occur after I eat a fattening meal, but rather when I'm sitting in something other than my desk chair. So that would be the couch, the car...)

The chronic stuffy nose is another thing. 2 nights ago, I was so stuffed that Matt kept waking me up all night because I was snoring and keeping him up. Then he felt bad about it in the morning, but I decided enough was enough. So I bought a neti pot.

A few people have recommended this to me so I thought I'd give it a try. And Matt was there to photograph the occasion, not one of my better moments.

There the water goes in.

And there it comes out the other nostril.

I was trying not to laugh and breathe through my mouth as the instructions state. But Matt was cracking me up!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Rosemarie -
That is gross!! I hate when Uncle Anthony does it - G ROSS!!! You just love to put descriptive pictures up for us to view. Thanks. Happy Bugerring!

Rosemarie said...

Matt was so happy to be taking those photos, we were cracking up and he insisted I get them on my blog. Apparently, I'm not ashamed of making a complete a%$ of myself ;)

Natalie said...

omg me geena and my mom were looking at your growing belly pics and holy moly! youre pregnant! eeeeee!

Amy said...

I LOVE the Neti Pot and use it happily. Hope it helps!

Geena said...

I LOVE NETI POT! its so cool!! and yes your belly looks so big.. YAY!