Thursday, July 15, 2010

Melting

We're having a humidity crisis!

We have the air-conditioner on full blast and I still am sitting at my desk at home with the fan blowing on me drinking ice cold water.

Last night, we had a parenting class and went to dinner afterward where we sat outside. Big mistake. It was 89 and so humid I thought I was going to pass out. I kept on drinking water and rubbing the condensation from the glass on my face. Matt said this is what Memphis is like -- in May. Don't sign me up to move to Memphis because I cannot stand this kind of heat.

My "people" come from a land where even if it's 90 in the day, it goes down to a cool 60 at night (like California). My genetics are not made to stand this kind of humidity. Thank goodness in Chicago this doesn't last for very long.

If I didn't have to work (from home) I'd be sneaking into my aunt's pool to cool off... maybe I'll sneak in later this afternoon...

4 comments:

Geena said...

Come sneak over! BTW i'm planning on coming over sometime next week!

texasgirl62 said...

Don't move to Houston!! It's in the 90's plus the horrible humidity!! I am contemplating moving to Antarctica right now!!

KT said...

The dog kept giving me a dirty look this morning: "...you want me to walk in this?".

Anonymous said...

Nashville is weather you can wear. This June has been the fourth warmest June is history for Nashville