I used to have an unlimited storage account because I’m an AT&T internet user, but that agreement has ended.
Then I found out that my family who wanted to download photos from flickr couldn’t unless they wanted to view a 1 inch photo. And they couldn’t print/buy the photos very easily either.
I need a new online hosting site for my photos. I don’t upload that many photos anyway, but I want to be able to upload ones to share with my family that they can either download to their computer or buy prints. I wanted something that I can link to via my blogger weblogs – mainly my garden photos for rosemariegarden.blogspot.com – that the public could view without being invited. And I wanted something free.
This NY Times article did more than I could ever hope for, detailing the online photo hosting sites clean and simple.
The verdict… I am migrating over the Picasa. My viewers can download full resolution photos that they can keep and print. It works the best with blogger. And I can upload photos from Mac’s iPhotos.
I hope this works well, I’ll keep you posted on when it too starts to annoy me.
Washington DC, Day 1
10 years ago



1 comment:
I stick with Facebook for my photo sharing - especially now that you can share your albums with anyone even if they aren't on a facebook with a public link. And a lot of my family have started joining facebook - and no limit helps.
Post a Comment