In recent postings, on both Rosey Cheeks and Cheap Rosie, I’ve talked about Yoga -- free yoga downloads, yoga before running, etc. Needless to say, I’ve been doing more yoga now than ever before, and I feel that it’s definitely contributed to my overall well-being.
So naturally, after reading this article I thought, “Of course it’s good for Uma to do yoga. While you’re cramped on an airplane you get stiff and some stretching can really alleviate tension…”
But my next reaction was more like … “Whoa, wait … on the plane? In the aisles?”
Unless you’re a Yogi (like a Jedi-Master of the Yoga world), you can go a few hours without sticking your leg behind your head. I understand the need to stretch on a plane – it’s imperative to do so – but you can do this by going to the bathroom or moving around your legs and such. I doubt Uma was in Coach, so she has plenty of leg room.
I mean, who has enough “gumption” (that’s not the word I wanted to use here) to get up and use the airplane aisle as your own personal sticky mat. Is it a fact that when you’re a Hollywood star, you feel that you can pretty much do whatever you want? Gumption or not, she obviously felt entitled to do something that is both rude and self-centered.
And that is something that Yoga is not all about.
Oh – and I love the bit about the smoking …
Washington DC, Day 1
10 years ago



1 comment:
Ewwww! Leaving the rudeness aside, even if I were the only person on the plane, I can't imagine willingly touching the plane floor, pressing your hands into the floor, sitting on the floor, laying on the floor!?!
Maybe I just fly on super economy planes where they never clean the floor but still...yuck!
Post a Comment